Monday, May 7, 2012

40's HAIRSTYLE

I want to share with you some pictures that I have just dicovered in some vintage hairstyle magazines.

Those issues date back 1948 and 1949. It's the beginning of a style which will be more and more popular in the 50's: no more long hair but short curly hair!



























You can see a lot of really complex hairstyles, so wonderful but quite impossible to reproduce now!!! I'm really bad when it comes to pin curls....














These magazines were only for professionnal hairdressers, some drawings explain how to cut hair and other show how to place your pin curls!!! (sorry but the explanations are in french...)
LARGE HAIRSTYLE FOR AFTERNOON

 
PRACTICAL HAIRSTYLE



HAIRSTYLE WITH CURLS AND WAVES



DON'T SHAVE NECK





POINTY BACK HAIRSTYLE





HAIRSTYLE WITH CURLS AND WAVES FOR EVENING




HAIRSTYLE WITH OPPOSITE SIDES MOUVEMENT






So AMAZING!!!! I hope these drawings will help some of you to create beautiful retro hairstyles. I wanted to share them because I know that I will not be able to use them, so complicated to do in our own head!!!! Moreover I'm not really patient and it's quite rare for me to test new hairstyles and I'm always so busy!!!

Are you an expert with pin-curls?
Do you think these drawings are usefull?

6 comments:

  1. So many of these hairstyles would look great with hats. I need to cut my hair and learn pin curls efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hairstyles just look amazing! I wish I could do that and I had curly hair, sniff

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing styles - those hairdressers were true artists! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggled alot with pin curls before! And i still struggle with gettin nice victory rolls, and still got trouble with gettin my bangs the right style. BUT the most important thing for that right look and gettin the curls right, is of course knowing how to set them but also the right hair cut, i went to a hairdresser who only do theese kind of vintage setups and knows how to cut the hair just like before, i went for a "middy" http://dmoran227.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/middy1.jpg and i get the right look when i do pin curls, it really gives you that right look! Eden

    ReplyDelete