Friday, August 10, 2012

More castles and old stones...

So here are some more pictures of our trip in Dordogne...


This is the castle of Losse.


I was wearing this day the same dress then in this post but with different accessories. It's fun to see how much an outfit can differ just with a new hat, jewels, purse and shoes...


This castle is only 1 mile away from my familly in law's house.


We are here next to the Vézère River.




We also like to visit the small village of Saint Léon every year, it's just so peaceful!


Some old roofs are made of flat stones called "lauze".


Streets are so small in this village that you cannot use a car...


It's interesting to look thru every gates to see hidden garden and lovely places!


You will be amazed to know that my husband favorite pictures are taken from the back....


Dordogne is also called Périgord.




There is even a kind of  vintage style "guinguette" next to the river where you can eat duck, cheese, french bread, home made ice cream...


And here is the town of MONTIGNAC where we stayed.


This place is well known because it's there that some kids in the early 40's found a famous prehistoric cave LASCAUX. You can learn more about that here.




Another picture from the back....




Have you ever heard something about LASCAUX caves?
Do you like to often change your fashion accessories?


7 comments:

  1. I love your charm bracelet. I have never seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just made of simple plastic with goldtone fruits, love this kind of chzrms bracelets!!!

      Delete
  2. I miss my traveling days, you two are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the back pictures (number 1 and 11 are my favourite)^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit. And how wonderful is this location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you always have the best pictures and go to the most amazing places!
    I love your outfit- so bright and cheery and I could really do with a happy outfit at the moment ; )

    Tupps x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a sartorial muse and fellow 1950s fashion loving kindred spirit for me, dear gal. I adore your sweet, summery outfit here and think it looks every bit as lovely as those stately castle walls.

    Big hugs & joyful weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete